The MIS (IT) Officer is to collect, analyze and manage information systems to support the development, management and implementation of policies, programmes and services in the District. He/she provides leadership in the development, Procurement, and deployment of Management Application Systems. He/she set standard for Information/Management Systems, and Quality Assurance in relation to development, deployment and implementation of Information Technology/Information Management Systems and Resources.
His/her Responsiblities include but not limited to:
- Advise on the provision and maintenance of computers systems, network infrastructure and their associate accessories
- Lead in the process of provision, development, deployement and maintenance of information technology/information management systems (software).
- Contributes to addressing Information Technology/Information Management problems and issues;
- Provides leadership in the designing, and implementation of security measures to protect the Information Technology/Information Management installations, infrastructure and systems;
- Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff;
- Appraises direct reports;
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.