The Procurement Officer Plans and coordinates the activities of the Procurement Unit. He/she:
- Manages the development and implementation of the procurement plan
- Provides inputs for the preparation of the annual budget.
- Liaises with service providers and other stakeholders to undertake procurement activities.
- Ensures that the procurement activities are in harmony with the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663)
- Supervises stores management and assets disposal
- Preparation and submission of Annual and Periodic Reports to the Public Procurement Authority
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.